Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was asked to make a soup without the traditional beef meatballs and adapted it with chicken. By all concerned it seems that this came off very well and to many better than the traditional.
- 2 1⁄2 liters chicken broth
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb spinach
- 1 cup acini du pepe pasta
- pre heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend the ground chicken, salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, bread crumbs, romano, garlic until nicely blended (depending on your ground chicken it may be very moist and more bread crumbs may be needed to form balls better).
- Form the blended mixture into 1/2 inc meat balls and place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Boil the broth during baking meat and add meat after baking for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta then spinach and boil until pasta is ready approx 10 minutes.
- salt/pepper and romano to taste upon serving.