Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
It's soup time in the cold North, and I thought I'd share this. Great for a cold day and very easy to make.
- Combine barley, onions, carrots, celery, meatballs and spinach in stock.
- Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes or until the barley is tender.
- In small bowl, mix eggs lightly.
- Stir slowly into soup until they are like egg dumplings.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 30 minutes before serving.