Recipe by Everything Tasty Kitchen
Is this a soup or is this a stew? An absolutely delicious recipe. The mini chicken meatballs and gnocchi are like little mini dumplings that cook right in the soup. Yes, you can use another type of pasta but it won't have the same special creaminess that you get with the gnocchi. Forget the chili, I'm making this at the next football party. This is a hearty, fresh and delicious Stoup!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 package shredded carrot
- 6 cups chicken broth (I prefer Swanson low sodium)
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof frozen gnocchi
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (2 handfuls)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the meatballs it’s really easy. Just mix all the meatball ingredients together in a big bowl and then shape them into walnut sized meatballs (about 40-45) and set aside while you prepare the soup.
- To make the soup, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add the celery, onions, carrots and cook 5-7 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the broth, cover the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup is at a boil, turn down the heat a little and slowly add the little chicken dumplings and simmer for about 10 minutes than add the gnocchi and simmer for another 5 minutes. Now add the peas and parsley and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- The soup is done when the meatballs and gnocchi are cooked through.