Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
Who needs a wedding to enjoy this soup? I grew up eating this soup as it was always a staple in our home. I often will grate some fresh lemon zest over our bowls with the Parmesan Cheese, which is optional. It helps make the soup light and bright. We serve this soup as a main meal.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2721.55 g chicken broth
- 453.59 g cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Italian spices, to taste
- 425.24 g candiced Italian-style tomatoes
- 236.59 ml very small shell pasta
- 453.59 g fresh spinach
- parmesan cheese
- Combine the ground beef, minced onion, egg and bread crumbs in a bowl; form into tiny meatballs. Bring chicken broth to a low boil and drop meatballs inches Cover and simmer gently until done, about 15 minutes. Add in the cooked chicken.
- Meanwhile, saute garlic, carrots, celery, onion and Italian Seasonings in the olive oil until tender. Add to the broth and simmer for 1/2 hour. Add tomatoes and bring to a gentle boil; add in pasta. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is done. During the last 5 minutes of cooking, add in the fresh spinach and wilt.
- Ladle into bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.