Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a free Penzey's recipe card. I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds good!
Make and share this Italian Wedding Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 egg
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cleaned, stems removed and cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon bouquet garni
- 1 teaspoon chicken soup base or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 4 ounces orzo pasta or 4 ounces small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- For the meatballs, combine all the meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix until well-blended.
- Form into tiny meatballs, about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of meat per meatball. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a low boil and add the spinach. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the hot stock along with the garlic, bouquet garni and soup base (or bouillon cube).
- Add the pasta and cook until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and serve immediately.
- Note that the meatballs can be made ahead of time, just heat them in the stock until heated through.