Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 heads escarole, cleaned and chopped
- In soup pot on med heat, bring broth to a boil.
- In bowl mix beef, pork, 3 eggs, crumbs, basil, parsley, and 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Mix well and form into tiny bite size balls.
- Drop the balls into the broth.
- Add escarole.
- When meatballs rise to the top, they are cooked, (7-8 minutes).
- When ecsarole is wilted it is done.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining eggs with the remaining parmesan.
- Add to soup, stirring continuously, until cooked through.
I started this soup by adding carrots, onions and celery, finely diced and sauteed in olive oil. Then I proceeded with the recipe except adding 1/2 c acine de pepe (very small pasta). Very good tasting!
Very good! With a little chicken this would be perfect! I like the parmesan and egg rather than the noodles! Thank you so much! It was a big hit! ps meatballs were great!
Very tasty, especially with the parmesan added.