1/1 Photo of Italian Wedding Soup
1 hr 15 mins
I love wedding soup and this is one of my favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 4 1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1In a large bowl, combine eggs and bread crumbs. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture; mix well. Shape into 3/4-inch balls.
- 2Place meatballs on a greased rack in a foil-lined 15-inch 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3Meanwhile, in a soup kettle or Dutch oven, sauté carrots, celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- 4Stir in the broth, spinach, basil, soup mix, ketchup, thyme and bay leaves.
- 5Drain meatballs on paper towels.
- 6Bring soup to a boil; add meatballs.
- 7Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 8Add pasta; cook 13-15 minutes longer or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 9Discard bay leaves before serving.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Soup
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.6
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 1466.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 25.4 g