- 226.79 g lean ground beef
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 29.58 ml breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 1360.39 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml chopped escarole or 473.18 ml chopped spinach
- 118.29 ml orzo pasta, uncooked
- 78.07 ml finely chopped carrot
- grated parmesan cheese
- In medium bowl combine, meat, egg,bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil& onion powder; shape into 3/4" balls.
- In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs.
- Return to boil;reduce heat to medium.
- Cook at slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.