Recipe by Hag chef
A family favourite and much requested recipe. This is a quick version of an old classic, which uses frozen meatballs and spinach. I often use this recipe when company's coming, and I need a fast meal. While the soup is simmering, make some biscuits (#77417) for a tasty meal.
Top Review by Chef mgs
I have made this soup several times now and I am shocked at how ridiculously easy it is to make, and what makes it even better is that it tastes fantastic! I always add garlic powder to mine and I've made other spice additions and adjustments, depending on my mood--italian seasoning or ground white pepper. Thanks for sharing Hag Chef!!
- 20 cups chicken broth or 20 cups homemade chicken stock (I use chicken boullion powder)
- 1 onion, large,chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) packageof frozen italian meatballs (or use homemade)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3⁄4 cup pasta (acini di pepe)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper