Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family favourite and much requested recipe. This is a quick version of an old classic, which uses frozen meatballs and spinach. I often use this recipe when company's coming, and I need a fast meal. While the soup is simmering, make some biscuits (#77417) for a tasty meal.
- 20 cups chicken broth or 20 cups homemade chicken stock (I use chicken boullion powder)
- 1 onion, large,chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) packageof frozen italian meatballs (or use homemade)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 3⁄4 cup pasta (acini di pepe)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Bring broth, onion, spinach and meatballs to a boil in a large stock pot, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add parsley, basil, pasta and simmer until the pasta is cooked and tender.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
I have made this soup several times now and I am shocked at how ridiculously easy it is to make, and what makes it even better is that it tastes fantastic! I always add garlic powder to mine and I've made other spice additions and adjustments, depending on my mood--italian seasoning or ground white pepper. Thanks for sharing Hag Chef!!
I LOVE this soup! Not only does it taste like it should be served at an Italian restaurant, but it is also ridiculously easy to make! :D A
I love this soup. I have bronchitis right now and all I wanted was this soup! I serve it with hush puppies. It's almost as good as mom's chicken noodle. And it's so easy. Thanks!