Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe, from BH&G, is a take on the more familian Italian Wedding Soup. There's the pasta, the meatballs, the spinach -- all the delicious flavors. Try something new -- a meatball salad!
- 6 ounces orzo pasta
- chicken broth or water
- 32 frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Cook the orzo in the chicken broth or water as directed on package. Drain well.
- In a Dutch oven, combine the thawed meatballs and Italian dressing. Cook over medium heat to heat balls through.
- Stir in the drained orzo, chopped artichoke hearts, spinach leaves and toasted walnuts. Heat and stir until spiinach is wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.