I found this Good housekeeping recipe on MSN.com this morning, it seems like it would be a good dish so I am posting it here for safekeeping until I get to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup freshly grated romano cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package farfalle pasta or 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (14 -14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line 15 1/2" by 10 1/2" jelly-roll pan with parchment paper or foil.
- 3In medium bowl, with fingertips, mix turkey, bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, egg, and 1/4 cup Romano just until blended; do not overmix. Shape turkey mixture into thirty-six 1-inch meatballs; place in prepared pan.
- 4Bake meatballs 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, heat large covered saucepot of water to boiling over high heat.
- 6Add pasta and cook 2 minutes less than label directs.
- 7Drain pasta; return to saucepot.
- 8In 2-cup liquid measuring cup, whisk cornstarch into milk.
- 9Add milk mixture and broth to pasta in saucepot; heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil 1 minute to thicken sauce slightly. Remove saucepot from heat; stir in spinach, 1/2 cup grated Romano, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add meatballs and gently toss to combine.
- 10Transfer pasta mixture to 3-quart glass or ceramic baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup grated Romano. Bake 20 minutes or until hot in the center and golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.4
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 489.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 31.0 g