Recipe by Tonkcats
This recipe is an old time favorite of ours. All the kids love these and so do we! Hope you get all the nice compliments as I do when you make them.
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
- food coloring (green, yellow and red)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl break up the almond paste. Add the softened butter, sugar, eggs and almond extract. Beat batter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour and the salt. Split the batter into thirds and add enough of the three different food colorings to each third to color the batter nicely.
- Spread the batters into three 9 x 13 and 1/4-inch deep aluminum baking pans. Be sure the batter is only about 1/8-inch thick or it will rise to high.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 12 minutes.
- Cool. Remove baked and cooled cakes from pans and place on a cookie sheet or cutting board.
- Heat the jam and spread between the layers as you stack them.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the top layer and refrigerate. When stiff remove cookies from the refrigerator and let chocolate soften slightly before cutting into small rectangles.