Recipe by Peeeee
I was searching for Italian Ice and I came across this... Taste great - just make sure you keep stirring it while it is freezing. Check for other flavors I’ve posted.
Top Review by muffinlady
Oh so good. I followed directions on another Italian Ice recipe. after step 3 I placed in bowl in ice water for 15 minutes then transferred to shallow baking dish on a cookie sheet and froze for 1 1/2 hours I checked at 30 then 60 minutes but no ice crystals. after 1 1/2 hrs stirred. froze again for 1 hour then stirred, then 1/2 hour longer stirred and put in container to freeze. Did not have fresh juice so had to use concentrated. So instead of peel I used a few drops of orange extract. I had made too many ices previously with my fresh. I am sure fresh would taste better but as is it is yummy. Be warned you should have lots of extra ingredients as I ate almost the whole thing in 1 day. It is that good.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 grated orange, rind of (no white part)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- Stir in juice and peel.
- Pour into shallow bowl and put in freezer.
- As it starts to freeze, keep stirring the outside crystals into the center and mix in peel.
- Do about every half hour -MUST DO!.
- When real slushy, stop and freeze overnight.
- To serve, you must scrape very thin layers of the slush off the top.
- I use a big spoon with sharp edges moving it sideways.