24 hrs 20 mins
I was searching for Italian Ice and I came across this... Taste great - just make sure you keep stirring it while it is freezing. Check for other flavors I’ve posted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in juice and peel.
- 4Pour into shallow bowl and put in freezer.
- 5As it starts to freeze, keep stirring the outside crystals into the center and mix in peel.
- 6Do about every half hour -MUST DO!.
- 7When real slushy, stop and freeze overnight.
- 8To serve, you must scrape very thin layers of the slush off the top.
- 9I use a big spoon with sharp edges moving it sideways.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Water Ice - Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 101.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of