Recipe by Peeeee
I was searching for Italian Ice and I came across this... Taste great - just make sure you keep stirring it while it is freezing. Check for other flavors I’ve posted.
Top Review by muffinlady
Very good I can't wait to try other juices. after 1 hour I stirred, again 1/2 later and 1/2 after that then I put in a container and froze overnight. It freezes faster than lime Italian Ice. It is hot so will give a refreshing cool burst of flavor.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water and sugar together for 5 minutes.
- Stir in juice and peel.
- Pour into shallow bowl and put in freezer.
- As it starts to freeze, keep stirring the outside crystals into the center and mix in peel.
- Do about every half hour -MUST DO!.
- When real slushy, stop and freeze overnight.
- To serve, you must scrape very thin layers of the slush off the top.
- I use a big spoon with sharp edges moving it sideways.