Recipe by smoke alarm jr
Hey, this is like a pizza with a crazy Hollywood make over! =) I haven't tried this yet but will soon.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 tbsp of oil cook over medium heat all the veggies for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add sauce, paste, wine, oregano, basil, marjoram, garlic and salt.
- Stir well and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place in a greased 9"X13" pan and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place pan in preheated 400 degree oven.
- Quickly start to make popover batter.
- Beat eggs, milk, and oil in large bowl.
- Add flour and salt.
- Beat until very smooth.
- Pour over the the veggie dish and be sure to spread popover mixture to the edges.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until the puff is golden brown.