Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve with toasted multi-grain or whole wheat bread.
- 4 cups chopped mixed vegetables (such as onions, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers, and carrots)
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Place the vegetables evenly in a lightly greased 8x10 inch glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cornstarch, ricotta, yogurt, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until firm; let set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Note: The vegetables will be al dente as cooked in the directions; if you prefer, blanch the vegetables for 2 minutes in boiling water before using; drain them well and dry, then proceed as directed.