Recipe by Kristiina
Another recipe to try, low in fat and calories.
Top Review by Marsha D.
Wonderful recipe! I didn't have the fettuccine so I used mini penne noodles that I had on hand and also used the regular evaporated milk since I had that on hand too. I also added zucchini to replace 1c broccoli florets. Love the flavor! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated fettuccine, cooked, drained and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper, strips
- 1⁄2 cup loose-pack frozen peas
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, celery, onion, garlic and basil; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in evaporated milk, cheese and pepper; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- COMBINE cornstarch and small amount of broth in small bowl; add to skillet. Gradually stir in remaining broth, bell pepper and peas. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender (do not boil). Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with cheese.