Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another easy dish found in Kraft Food and Family magazine that sounds delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small unpeeled eggplant, cubed
- 1 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained and cut up
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add eggplant; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, pepper and mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish; sprinkle with cheese. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- note: they suggest that it tastes even better when assembled the day before because the flavors meld together really well.