Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I think this came from Family Circle magazine a number of years ago.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 10 medium mushrooms, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in 8 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a shallow 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, place zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, onions, margarine, basil and pepper. Cover with a sheet of wax paper.
- Microwave on HIGH until squash is crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking time.
- Add tomato wedges and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes.
Yummy and extra easy. I used red onion, and baby portabella mushrooms. I used the leftovers in a omelet the next morning. Mmm!
The ease of this recipe makes it worth the try. The basil was added along with the tomatoes and everything was topped off with salt and freshly ground black pepper at serving with an additional sprinkling of Parmesan.
Wow, this was so easy and so good. I omitted onion, and used dried basil (1 tsp.). It was colorful and made a nice presentation on the plate.