This recipe came from a September 1996 issue of Woman's Day magazine, tweaked just a bit. It's so easy to make and so healthy - great when you want a hearty meatless meal!
- 170.09 g green beans (fresh)
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 large zucchini (or yellow squash)
- 2 bell peppers (red or green or 1 of each)
- 1 large baking potato
- 340.19 g tomato sauce
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Trim green beans and cut in half. Slice the onions and peppers. Mince the garlic. Cut the eggplant and zucchini into 1" chunks. Peel the potato and cut into 1/2" chunks.
- Put the green beans, onions, and garlic in a large crock pot.
- Mix eggplant, zucchini, peppers, potatoes, tomato sauce, olive oil, salt, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Add to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours, or high 4 hours.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.