Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy homemade soup after a busy day. The Italian seasoning gives it a wonderful flavor. I like to eat it with croutons in the soup or served with a crusty bread.
- 2 (822.13 g) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large saucepan, combined the first nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the pasta and tomatoes; heat through.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
Really superb- tasty, healthy, fast! I made a double-batch today to go with my lunches this week. Ready in less than 30 minutes- I can't wait to make this all fall/winter long-what a great, filling addition to my diet! I made one change out of necessity, I found I had 1/2 of a large can of garlic/onion spaghetti sauce leftover from an earlier meal, so I threw that in the pot instead of the diced tomatoes. Really glad I did, added a nice, rich color and a well-seasoned taste. I'll do that next time as! Thanks Anissa!
This was a really wonderful soup. My husband loved it and he is a very picky eater!
I really liked this and so did my daughter. Throw it all in a pot and cook it - so easy. I actually added the potatoes in later so they wouldn't get too mushy. I did have to add salt.