Easy homemade soup after a busy day. The Italian seasoning gives it a wonderful flavor. I like to eat it with croutons in the soup or served with a crusty bread.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 medium celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large saucepan, combined the first nine ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add the pasta and tomatoes; heat through.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.