Recipe by Beaner in Washington
Great quick and easy soup for those cold winter nights! This recipe came from a small cookbook that I send for one time it is called 101+ Hurry Up Pasta Recipes. There are many authors that have contributed to this book. It is a wonderful cookbook and I will share some of the other recipes that I make from there. Yummy...
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 7 cups water
- 4 medium carrots, pared and sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained,coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon or 6 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta or 1 cup elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large kettle or dutch oven, brown sausage, onion and garlic pour off fat Add water carrots, tomatoes with juice,bouillon, Italian seasoning and pepper, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, beans and rotini.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until rontini is tender, stirring soup occaionally.
- Garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.