Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Quick Cooking Sept 2001
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- In large saucepan combine first nine ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Add cooked pasta and tomatoes and heat through.
- Discard bay leaf before serving.
Really nice light soup! I decreased the onion a bit and added a bit of garlic (couldn't help myself!). Otherwise made as posted. This will be great to make a larger batch of and save for quick lunches at work. Thanks for sharing!
Yum - great soup and so easy! I don't care for onions so left them out and added a little more carrot and celery. I used Italian-seasoned tomatoes and loved the flavor of this light and tasty soup - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Yum yum yum! Made this for 2013 Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game and I did use homemade chicken broth, added some garlic and had some left over pasta which I put into the bowl and but the hot soup on top (that way the pasta didn't get mushy) but otherwise followed the directions. I love vegetables of every kind and this is so easy, tasty and good for you too. Thank you for posting.