Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the most delicious veggie soup. It is my favorite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 yellow onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 5 cups tomato juice
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small potatoes, cubed
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (stems discarded)
- 1 small celery root, in 1/2-inch cube
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small fennel, cored and chopped
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes (peeled)
- 4 ounces parmesan rind
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a stock pot. Brown the onions, garlic and celery (~10 min.).
- Add tomato juice, vegetable stock, wine and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer ~5 minutes.
- Add thyme, celery root, zucchini, carrots, fennel, tomatoes and Parmesan rind. Cook until veggies are fork-tender (~15-20 minutes).
- Stir in parsley, salt & pepper.
- Serve with thinly sliced crostini & Pistou.