Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the most delicious veggie soup. It is my favorite.
Make and share this Italian Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 yellow onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 5 cups tomato juice
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small potatoes, cubed
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme (stems discarded)
- 1 small celery root, in 1/2-inch cube
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise & thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small fennel, cored and chopped
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes (peeled)
- 4 ounces parmesan rind
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a stock pot. Brown the onions, garlic and celery (~10 min.).
- Add tomato juice, vegetable stock, wine and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce and simmer ~5 minutes.
- Add thyme, celery root, zucchini, carrots, fennel, tomatoes and Parmesan rind. Cook until veggies are fork-tender (~15-20 minutes).
- Stir in parsley, salt & pepper.
- Serve with thinly sliced crostini & Pistou.