Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is wonderful topped with a fresh grating of Parmesan.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans navy beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh spinach
- Heat oil in 4 or 5 quart pot.
- Add garlic, stir till fragrant.
- Add onion and pepper, saute till starting to soften,5 or 6 minutes.
- Add the next 5 ingredients, bring to a simmer and cover.
- Let simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I loved this soup! The only thing I omitted was the squash and added 1/2 cup of orzo pasta....and it came out delicious.