1/1 Photo of Italian Vegetable Soup
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis. It looks like a fantasic way to use zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I plan to use less)
- 2 leeks, chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 zucchini, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans quartered water-packed artichoke hearts, drained
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 4 ounces dried wide egg noodles (I plan to use No Yolks)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese or soy cheese
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
- 2Stir in the zucchini and artichokes. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Saute until the zucchini are tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Add the vegetable broth. Stir in the thyme and cook for 2 minutes. Cover the pot and bring the soup to a simmer. Decrease the heat to medium-low and simmer gently until the flavors develop, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 4Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the noodles and cook until al dente, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- 5Ladle the soup into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 103.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: