Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled and crushed tomatoes
- 2 large carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green beans
- 1 stalk celery, thickly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 3 small zucchini, cubed
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring broth, tomatoes, carrots, frozen green beans, celery, onions, garlic, parsley, basil, bay leaf and vegetable bouillon cube to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni, kidney beans, and zucchini.
- Bring soup back to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
This was SO good! I substituted yellow onion for the pearl onions and I didn't have any vegetable bouillon cubes but I added and extra celery stalk and salt and pepper and it turned out really great. I love this and will be cooking it again! So easy too.
This had a great flavor! It is so healthy too. I added some various other vegetables into the mix (like peas), but left out the macaroni. It tasted great, and made well over enough to freeze for later. Thanks!