Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tasty..from Prince Pasta. My family liked it.
- 4 -6 slices bacon, cut in small pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce, any flavor
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 0.5 (1 lb) package alphabet pasta
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove; set aside. In 2 tablespoons drippings, cook onion until tender. Stir in reserved bacon and remaining ingredients except vegetables, alphabets and Parmesan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add mixed vegetables and alphabets. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until alphabets are tender. Serve with Parmesan cheese.