1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
This is something I made when I was hungry for garlic and vegetables and Italian, but wasn't really in the mood for pasta or meat. It makes a great side dish, but I just had it for a dinner, myself. My husband loved it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Roasted Garlic
For the Vegetable Skillet
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 small zucchini, cut into coins
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise,then sliced
- 226.79 g cremini mushrooms, quartered (may use button mushrooms)
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato packed in oil (chopped and drained before measuring)
- 118.29 ml pitted ripe black olives
- 4.92-9.85 ml fresh oregano, minced
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh basil, minced
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 59.14 ml grated romano cheese or 59.14 ml asiago cheese
- 29.58 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 1Preheat oven to 325F.
- 2Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- 3Cut off top 1/4 to 1/3 of garlic head (exposing cloves) and drizzle with olive oil.
- 4Place garlic on baking pan, cut surface down, and roast for 1- 1 1/4 hours or until cloves are softened; allow garlic to cool slightly.
- 5Heat butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large saute pan and squeeze out softened garlic cloves into pan (avoiding papery skins).
- 6Mash a few of the cloves into the butter/oil, stirring, and add onions, cooking until onions are slightly softened.
- 7Add zucchini, peppers and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- 8Add sun-dried tomatoes, olives, minced herbs, and season to taste with salt and pepper (you may add some crushed red pepper now if you wish).
- 9Continue to cook for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are cooked the way you like them.
- 10Before serving, sprinkle with romano or asiago cheese (you may use parmesan as well) and toasted pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Vegetable Skillet with Roasted Garlic and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.1 mg
- Sodium 244.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 7.9 g