From Uncle Ben's flyer. You can use any kind of veggies you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups light mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 small eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, cover, remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3Stir half the shredded mozzarella into hot rice. When the cheese melts, stir in the beaten egg whites.
- 4Turn the mixture out onto a greased pizza pan and flatten to form a crust. Bake for 5 minutes in the 400°F oven.
- 5Drizzle the tomato sauce over the crust and sprinkle with the basil, garlic, and oregano.
- 6Arrange the eggplant, zucchini, and tomato over the crust in a decorative pattern and top with the remaining mozzarella and the parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake near the top of the oven for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the cheese is slightly browned.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Vegetable Rice Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.8
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 7.5 g