Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Uncle Ben's flyer. You can use any kind of veggies you like!
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 1⁄2 cups light mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1⁄2 small eggplant, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, cover, remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Stir half the shredded mozzarella into hot rice. When the cheese melts, stir in the beaten egg whites.
- Turn the mixture out onto a greased pizza pan and flatten to form a crust. Bake for 5 minutes in the 400°F oven.
- Drizzle the tomato sauce over the crust and sprinkle with the basil, garlic, and oregano.
- Arrange the eggplant, zucchini, and tomato over the crust in a decorative pattern and top with the remaining mozzarella and the parmesan cheese.
- Bake near the top of the oven for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the cheese is slightly browned.