Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for all you veggie lovers out there. Nice summer dish or side dish salad. Yummy!
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced stuffed olives
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup pepperoni slice, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleprepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- In a very large salad bowl, combine all vegetables and pasta.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, stir in cheese cubes.
OMG, what an awesome salad. EVERYONE loved it. Perfect for large gatherings. I bought by mistake, low fat dressing, tasted great, so I can't wait to see what it tastes like with the regular dressing in in. I strongly recommend this for any of your upcoming gatherings, especially spring/summertime. Make it, and bag it in ziplock. Travels well.
I made this recipe and loved it- very popular at home, presents well, etc. I am not a fan of raw broccoli and cauliflower so what I did with those and the carrots was to blanch them in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then run cold water on them in a colander, and then spread them out to drain/dry on a clean kitchen towel. The veg were still very crisp yet it took the raw edge off that I personally don't care for. The recipe is easily modified as well. One of my kids is doesn't eat meat and loves pea pods so I pulled some salad off before adding meat and put pea pods and red pepper slices in her portion. A little smoked mozzarella mixed in with the regular is also great.
This was a good salad. After trying a million summer salads so far, I have come to the conclusion, that ones made with fresh veggies just seem to be not "up my alley". I am sure for those who prefer them you would get 5 stars, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Sorry Nancy. Thanks for sharing. Tweeky, a.k.a. Judi