Recipe by ChrisMc
The Mexican style of this dish combined with the Italian flavors make for a fun combination. Depending on how much mozzarella you use, this is a relatively low-fat dish, and a great way to get a couple of servings of vegetables.
Top Review by TrinkDawg
These are excellent. We have made them twice already and they were great both times. Both times we used wheat tortillas, fat free cottage cheese, and fat free mozzarella. We used a little less cottage cheese than called for, probably 1 cup total. We also used jarred mushrooms instead of fresh. The second time we added a yellow pepper and that added a little color and flavor. Next time (and there will be many next times) we will use less pepper, because it was a bit much for our taste. Will probably half the amount but this is not a flaw in the recipe, just personal preference. Thanks for posting a winner...this is tasty, low in fat, and can be made ahead. Three pillars of great cooking. :)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 226.79 g mushroom, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 14.79 ml oil
- 453.59 g tomato sauce
- 9.85 ml oregano
- 9.85 ml basil
- 9.85 ml ground black pepper
- 354.88 ml cottage cheese (lowfat)
- 8 tortillas
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the garlic, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomato in the oil.
- Combine the tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and black pepper.
- Divide cottage cheese and half of the tomato sauce between the 8 tortillas.
- Divide sauteed vegetables between the tortillas.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Roll up tortillas and place in the baking dish.
- Cover the tortillas with the remaining sauce and with the cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.