A savory custard that makes a substantial side dish loaded with vegetables!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded summer squash (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can ripe olives, drained and sliced,divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 slices very thin tomatoes
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced,seperated into rings
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and the flour until smooth.
- 3Stir in squash, zucchini and 1/4 cup of the olives.
- 4Spread in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking dish or pan.
- 5Bake just until set, about 10 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together Parmesan cheese, basil and garlic salt.
- 7Sprinkle over baked squash mixture.
- 8Top evenly with tomato slices, remaining olives, onion slices and Monterey Jack cheese.
- 9Continue to bake until cheese is melted, about 4 minutes longer.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Vegetable Custard
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 226.2 mg
- Sodium 337.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 13.9 g