Recipe by Dona England
One of my favorite ways to cook zucchini. I got this from the Fort Worth Star Telegram Food section a long time ago.
Top Review by JFitz
I thought this was good very similar to Ratatouille which I make but I do not bake mine with cheese which I liked. I think next time I may play around with seasoning I don't think I added enough garlic. Thanks for a great recipe. I made this for PAC 2011.
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated