Chef Gorete's Note:
Enjoy a light, juicy meatball with a fresh Basil Tomato Sauce. If you have a favorite sauce, use it instead of my recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground veal
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 slices day old bread soaked in 1/2 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- basil, tomato sauce Basil Tomato Sauce
- 1Prepare the Basil Tomato Sauce #447975 and have it cooking prior to preparing the meatballs.
- 2In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients just until mixed, do not overwork the meat.
- 3Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the portions onto a tray, then roll the portions into even sized meatballs.
- 4Have your tomato sauce simmering on the stove, then drop in the prepared meatballs. Cook the meatballs for 20 minutes without stirring, making sure they are covered with tomato sauce. After 20 minutes, gently move the meatballs around and continue to simmer for a further 20 minutes, or until they are fully cooked.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Veal Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 131.4 mg
- Sodium 1009.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: