Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Enjoy a light, juicy meatball with a fresh Basil Tomato Sauce. If you have a favorite sauce, use it instead of my recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground veal
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 slices day old bread soaked in 1/2 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- basil, tomato sauce Basil Tomato Sauce
- Prepare the Basil Tomato Sauce #447975 and have it cooking prior to preparing the meatballs.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients just until mixed, do not overwork the meat.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the portions onto a tray, then roll the portions into even sized meatballs.
- Have your tomato sauce simmering on the stove, then drop in the prepared meatballs. Cook the meatballs for 20 minutes without stirring, making sure they are covered with tomato sauce. After 20 minutes, gently move the meatballs around and continue to simmer for a further 20 minutes, or until they are fully cooked.