Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 hot Italian turkey sausage links
- 3 bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips (red, yellow, green)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon oil in a big nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Pierce sausage casings several times with a fork; add sausages to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned; remove sausages from pan.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan; add bell pepper; saute 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt, vinegar, rosemary, and red pepper flakes.
- Return sausages to pan; cover and cook over medium-low heat 15 minutes or until sausages are done.
- Serving size: 1 sausage, 1/3 cup bell pepper mixture, and about 1 cup potatoes—358 calories.