- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link (about 6 links)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, peppers and pepper flakes in olive oil until onions start to brown.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Set aside.
- Prick sausage links with a fork.
- Saute in skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat until brown.
- Add wine vinegar and canned tomatoes (with liquid).
- Add the sautéed vegetable mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta al dente.
- Add cooked pasta to sausage and pepper mixture.
- Stir and serve.