1/5 Photos of Italian Turkey Sausage and Peppers With Bow Tie Pasta
I just threw this together one night with ingredients I had on hand. We loved the flavor and it's now a favorite after work meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link (about 6 links)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1Saute onion, peppers and pepper flakes in olive oil until onions start to brown.
- 2Add garlic, salt, pepper, basil and oregano. Set aside.
- 3Prick sausage links with a fork.
- 4Saute in skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat until brown.
- 5Add wine vinegar and canned tomatoes (with liquid).
- 6Add the sautéed vegetable mixture.
- 7Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile cook pasta al dente.
- 9Add cooked pasta to sausage and pepper mixture.
- 10Stir and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Turkey Sausage and Peppers With Bow Tie Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 1061.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 26.7 g