Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a good substitute for fat-laden sausage. Time includes 8 hours chilling.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Cook in a skillet coated with nonstick spray about 3 minutes each side, meat thermometer should read 165 degrees.
- You can also crumble the turkey into the skillet for crumbled sausage.
I made this as directed, except for adding some crushed red pepper and dried basil. I used it to make meatballs and it was delicious! Thanks for posting.
This is a great sausage recipe. I have used it both in lasagna, and for breakfast sausage patties. I don't actually eat meat myself, but my husband has been quite pleased.
Oh WOW! This was an awesome recipe. I let the spices marinate with the turkey for a few hours in the fridge before I cooked it up for speghetti. My Sicilian freind and her pork free DH absolutely adored it. I'm sooo not buying this in the market again. Thanks so a million Sweet!