Recipe by Cynna
Makes a great pizza topper, calzone stuffer, or just on it's own! Very delicious!
Top Review by busywifeandmom
I just realized that I hadn't rated this!! This is wonderful! I love having the control over the fattiness of the turkey as well as the spicyness. My only changes are no poultry seasoning, which I don't miss at all, and I usually don't need canola oil since the turkey I generally use is 93% fat free. This has become a family staple. I do up about 3 lbs. at a time and then freeze it to have on hand for pizza or to throw into sauces or soups/stews. Fabulous!!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to skillet and turn heat to medium.
- In a bowl, combine turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder, fennel/caraway/celery seeds, crushed red pepper, and poultry seasoning.
- Mix with fingertips until well incorporated.
- Add turkey mixture to skillet and cook until well done and aromatic.
- Drain sausage and set aside.
- Use as desired.