Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a great slow-cooker recipe and something different for a family gathering. This tastes like thanksgiving dinner anytime of year.
Top Review by Laura36
Easy, moist, delicious turkey. I left the skin on my turkey breast while cooking and took it off before shredding. The coloring on the skin was beautiful...my husband even commented on it. We ate it as turkey sliders, on it's own and were thinking about using the meat for taco filling as well. Thank you so much for sharing. This was a wonderful meal!
- 5 1⁄2 lbs bone-in skinless turkey breast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano or 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 11 kaiser rolls or 11 hard sandwich buns, split
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the turkey breast, green pepper and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the chili sauce, vinegar, oregano and bouillon; pour over turkey and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Remove turkey with a slotted spoon, reserving cooking liquid.
- Shred the turkey with two forks; return to cooking juices.
- Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll.