Recipe by Honeysuckle White & Shady Brook Farms
Courtesy of: Honeysuckle White® and Shady Brook Farms®
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White® or Shady Brook Farms® 99% Fat Free Ground Breast of Turkey
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 lbs whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 (25 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese, blend (Mozzarella, Fontina, Romano &, Parmigiano)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Crumble and cook turkey in a medium non-stick skillet until turkey has reached a temperature of 165° F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Sprinkle each pizza pan with 1 tablespoon of cornmeal.
- On each pan, spread one pound of pizza dough. In order, top each pan with sauce, turkey, cheese, bell pepper and onion.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with basil and serve.
- Note: For food safety, cook turkey to a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by a meat thermometer.