Recipe by So Cal Gal
My husband's favorite turkey patties--and mine too! Good served with a green salad and baked potatoes. Be sure to use freshly ground pepper in these, as it makes a big difference. (Slightly adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com.)
Top Review by susie cooks
I made these patties this morning and then just used my pannini grill. I topped them with mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce. My family inhaled them! Thanks! These are delicious! Made for the bargain Basement holiday tag game.
- 1 lb ground turkey (I use frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped and packed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, made into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine ground turkey, finely diced yellow onion, chopped parsley, minced garlic, whole wheat bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, egg, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Shape turkey mixture into four patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add turkey patties and cook (adjusting heat if necessary) until they are nicely browned and cooked through--about 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve hot.