Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I have to use turkey or chicken instead of beef or pork for one family member. These meatballs have a lot of flavor, even cold. Serve with any sauce or in soup,or for meatball sandwiches.
- 453.59 g roll fresh ground turkey
- 236.59 ml crushed cracker crumb
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- 3.69 ml alpine touch seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml instant minced onion
- 354.88 ml fine Italian breadcrumbs (optional)
- In large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except the Italian bread crumbs.
- Note: If you substitute beef or pork, delete 1 tblsp. vegetable oil.
- Form into 2 inch meat balls.
- For more intense Italian flavor, roll each meatball in the Italian bread crumbs.This is optional. If you are going to put the meatballs in sauce or soup do not roll in the crumbs.
- Place on a baking pan that is non-stick.
- Preheat oven 375*.
- Cook on the middle rack for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Makes 25 to 30 meatballs.
These turned out quite nice with a bit of sauce poured over at serving. I used ground turkey, omitted the oil, the alpine seasoning (that's a new one on me..what's in it?!)and the crumbs for rolling in. What I liked was the flavour of the Italian seasoning and how quick these were from prep to table. Good, wholesome fare. Thanks, Montana Heart Song for posting.