Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I don't know where this recipe came from, I found it handwritten in my file. I haven't tried it yet, but can tell from the ingredients my family will love it. Although the recipe doesn't call for any cheese on top, I think provolone would be wonderful!
- 1⁄4 cup crushed tomatoes, canned
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- Combine 1st 6 ingredients in a med bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 4, 3/4" thick patties and cook on grill or grill pan over med-high for about 6 minutes per side, or til cooked through.
- Serve on toasted buns with warm marinara.
Very tasty and easy to make! I served it with mozzarella melted on top and Ore-Ida Roasted Garlic & Parmesan potato wedges on the side. Definitely one I'll be making again!
Delicious! I melted provolone cheese over each one as suggested, and used some leftover pizza sauce rather than marinara. I also used the canned tomatoes that have diced green chili peppers in them to add a little more flavor, and I added a bit of the tomato juice, too. The burgers were very juicy, even though I used extra-lean turkey. Next time I'll add some onions, and maybe sauteed mushrooms. As written, I calculate this at 7.9 Weight Watchers points per serving. My husband and I both loved these, and this recipe is going into my "favorites" file. Thanks for sharing!