1/4 Photos of Italian Tuna Salad Sandwiches W/ Black Olive Dressing
I love tuna salad and this Italian tuna salad has taken the regular to special. If you cannot find imported canned tuna in olive oil, just replace with tuna packed in olive oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup black olives, pitted and chopped (such as Gaeta, Calamata and Nicoise)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces snow peas
- 2 (6 ounce) cans imported olive tuna packed in oil, drained (should read imported olive oil-packed tuna)
- 4 crusty rolls, halved or 1 baguette, halved, Four 6-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/3-inch thick
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Blanch the snow peas for 1 minute in a small pot of boiling water. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry. Slice snow peas lengthwise into 1/4" strips and toss with 1 tablespoon of the olive dressing.
- 3Separate tuna with a fork in a medium bowl. Add 6 tablespoons of the dressing and toss.
- 4Spread insides of the rolls or baguette pieces with the remaining dressing.
- 5On the bottom halves, arrange snow peas, then onion, then tomatoes, tuna. Top tuna with sliced eggs.
- 6Close sandwiches and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Tuna Salad Sandwiches W/ Black Olive Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.8
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 227.3 mg
- Sodium 903.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 39.2 g