Recipe by MackinacBride
The perfect lunch!! The original recipe said this was for 4 servings, but they are tiny and we are big eaters!! Eliminate the croutons and you have an extremely low-carb meal!
Top Review by nnreq
This was a very easy to prepare recipe. It was very refreshing and a welsome change to my old lunch routine. My hubby who dislikes tuna even tried this and loves it. I will never make tuna salad any other way again. I cut out the crutons to make it a low carb meal, and it was delicious.
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhite tuna in water, drained,flaked
- 1 cup shredded light Italian cheese blend
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, coarsly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives
- 1⁄3 cup jarred whole roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup light caesar salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup creamy garlic salad dressing
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce or 6 cups spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup garlic-flavored croutons, optional