Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
One of my favorite cheap & easy lunches. I like them with a dollop of mayonnaise or tarter sauce, or serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato and mayo. I've even reheated the leftover patties the next day in my toaster!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1⁄4 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients together except butter and olive oil.
- Shape into 4 patties and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour to firm up.
- After patties have chilled, melt butter in skillet and add olive oil.
- Fry patties 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
I tried this in my ongoing effort to add more fish to my family's diet. It worked for us because there is no noticeable flavor of fish. I had jumbo eggs, so I needed to add a little more dry crumbs to the mix. I will definitely be using this recipe over and over! Edited to Add...we love this recipe even more formed into small "meatballs"...they're awesome served with mac and cheese!